How Using Argan Oil for Skin Guarantees an Amazing Complexion
You think that Morocco is just any other African countries – plagued with civil war, prevalence of various serious medical conditions among the people, and a place exploited by those who are in power. Apparently, Morocco is more than that and in fact, is the best source of this particular product that is taking the world by storm.
Yes, this is argan oil, also termed “liquid gold,” by its many fans. Review sites feature argan oil for skin before and after photos on a regular basis. With argan oil, face problems are easy to solve. Using argan oil for oily skin provides relief for many people. Applying argan oil for dry skin also keeps it healthier.
Argan oil for your skin is one of the best things you can do. In case you are wondering how and why, these 16 pointers will tell you about the many argan oil benefits and why you should consider feeding your skin with this oil from Morocco. If you are interested in the application of argan oil for skin, how to use it is the most important thing you should understand.
1. Know Your Oils: Quick Facts about Argan Oil
How much do you know about argan oil? Before you learn about the many amazing benefits of this miracle oil, here are some of the things you should know about it:
- Argan oil comes from the fruit of the argan tree, a native in Morocco.
- Although some countries claim they have argan trees, nothing beats argan oil from Morocco.
- In 1998, the argan forest in Morocco was declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO.
- Goats climb argan trees to eat the fruit.
- Argan oil is rich in essential nutrients such as vitamins A and E, antioxidants, linoleic acid, and omega-6 fatty acids.
- This type of oil is known to treat many skin issues like bug bites, skin infection, and rashes.
You can use culinary argan oil in the kitchen for cooking; however, argan oil is popularly known for its skin benefits, which you will learn in the succeeding sections.
2. A Natural Treatment: Use Argan Oil for Face as a Nighttime Moisturizer
Are you using a moisturizer before going to bed? Are you unhappy with the results? If your answer was yes, read on.
If you want to keep it natural, then argan oil can be your best bet. This is because your skin absorbs the oil quickly without leaving any residue or greasy feeling. The vitamins A and E content could also help reduce fine lines and wrinkles while keeping your skin moisturized. Argan oil as a nighttime moisturizer could also be helpful during winter months to prevent dryness.
How to Use Argan Oil for Skin
- Pour one to two drops of argan oil in your palm.
- Massage the oil gently on your face in circular motion.
If you use argan oil for your face during summer or winter months, you may need to add one more drop to minimize skin dryness. Still, use it sparingly.
Apparently, argan oil is not just for your face. Read the next section to find out how this miracle oil could replace your store-bought body moisturizer.
3. A Surprise Treat: Argan Oil as a Whole Body Moisturizer
With the current living conditions, it is advisable to keep your skin moisturized and hydrated to prevent dryness. Apparently, the chemicals and never-heard ingredients in your body lotion could contribute to dryness and irritation.
This is where argan oil comes in. It is an all-natural moisturizer that keeps your skin hydrated while promoting healthier skin. Simply mix a few drops of argan oil with your preferred carrier oil such as coconut, sesame, olive, sweet almond or jojoba,and massage it gently on your skin. Concentrate on areas with dry patches such as elbows, heels and knees. Do this twice a day to enjoy the benefits.
Yes, argan oil is for dry skin, too.
4. Prevent the Appearance of Stretch Marks by Using Argan Oil for Your Skin
Who wants stretch marks? It turns out that you can get these marks even if you are not pregnant.
The good news is stretch marks can be prevented. All you need is two to three drops of argan oil on stretch marks-prone area and you can say goodbye to unwanted marks because of the vitamins A and E content. These essential vitamins rejuvenate your skin by keeping it moisturized. When your skin is moisturized, stretch marks are less likely to form.
How to Use Argan Oil in the Fight Against Stretch Marks
- Mix two to three drops of argan oil with half teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Apply the mixture on possible problem areas before bath time.
- Rinse well during bath.
- Apply argan oil on the affected area after taking a bath.
Keep in mind that argan oil will work best if stretch marks have not yet formed. Apply this mixture as early as possible, which leads you to the next tip.
5. Exfoliate Your Skin with a Drop or Two of Argan Oil
Exfoliation is an important process in skin care. It gets rid of dead skin cells and other unwanted substances in the surface of your skin that could lead to fine lines and wrinkles. At the same time, it prevents or minimizes your risk of skin issues, such as stretch marks and acne. This leads to fresher and younger-looking skin.
The question is, how?
All you have to do is the following:
- Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar, preferably raw, with three to five drops of argan oil.
- Rub the mixture in your skin in circular motion for three to five minutes.
- Make sure to focus on areas that are prone to dryness and acne.
- Rinse with warm water then pat it dry.
Take it easy. Despite the excellent benefits of argan oil on face and body, daily exfoliation is not advisable.
These are only some of the many argan oil benefits for your skin. Make sure to keep reading until the end to find out how to spot the best argan oil in a pool of imitation products.
6. Argan Face Oil: An Effective Skin Toner for Your Skin Care Routine
You might be wondering why you should use a skin toner. The truth is, using a toner is an essential part that should be included in your skincare regimen. It gives your skin the essential and healthy dose of nutrients to keep it young, smooth and fresh after cleansing.
There are many skin toners available in the modern marketplace to suit your skin type. In case you want to keep it safe and natural, you should consider using argan oil for your skin. You can add a few drops of this miracle oil in your favorite toner, mix well, and apply it on your face.
Otherwise, you can try this homemade skin toner:
- Add one green tea bag over a cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for seven to 10 minutes.
- Remove the teabag and allow the mixture to cool.
- Once cool, add two to four drops of argan oil and a drop or two of your preferred essential oil. You can also use tea tree, lemon, or orange essential oil since it works best with your skin.
- Place the mixture in the jar.
Apply this homemade skin toner every morning and at night after cleansing your face. You will notice a difference in your skin in no time.
7. Say Goodbye to Acne by Using Argan Oil on Your Face
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, acne is the most common skin condition that affects up to 50 million Americans every year. Although there is treatment available, acne could also cause psychological issues such as poor self-image, anxiety, and depression.
Here’s the good news: you don’t need expensive treatments to get rid of acne and prevent it from coming back. All you need is argan oil, and you can say goodbye to your acne condition. Thanks to its high content of linoleic acid, argan oil reduces the skin inflammation caused by acne and heals damaged skin cells to prevent scarring.
Here’s the best part: argan oil also works for oily skin and reduces sebum levels to prevent further formation of acne.
All you need is a drop of argan oil and massage it gently on problem areas. Don’t forget to use a toner to prevent stubborn white heads from appearing on your face too.
8. No More Ouch from Razor Bumps and Burns
Waxing is the best way to get rid of hair in your body. Although it is a bit heavy on the pocket, you don’t have to worry about hair for at least a few weeks. However, there are instances when you need an instant hair removal tool. With no time to go to the waxing salon, your last resort is a razor.
Using a razor to get rid of the hair is fine. If you are not too careful, this could lead to bumps and burns – and it’s not the best thing to see in your legs, especially if you will be out on a date. The good news is there is a simple way to fix this problem.
Apply a drop or two of argan oil in your palm and lightly massage the area with bumps and burns. Argan oil comes with a healing power to soothe affected areas including your legs and bikini line. This could even minimize ingrown hairs, too.
9. Say Hello to Luscious Lips by Applying Argan Oil Before You Kiss
There are many ways to achieve luscious lips. You can always apply a lip gloss, choose your favorite shade, or do both. In case you want to keep it natural, here is something you should consider: argan oil.
Argan oil is a safe, effective, and natural alternative to your favorite chapstick. Simply rub a drop of this miracle oil and massage it on your lips. Argan oil could heal cracked lips and at the same time, keep your lips smooth, soft, and well-conditioned.
Make sure you use argan oil regularly during winter months to keep it moisturized and prevent chapped lips. Aside from argan oil for your skin, did you know that you can also use this for your hair? The next sections will tell you more about how to use argan oil to keep your hair in the best state.
10. Argan Oil: The Perfect Natural Leave-In Conditioner
Blame it on the sunlight, pollution, use of hair styling tools, and too much chemicals that cause your hair to become dull and dry. That’s okay. After all, there are many hair products and methods available to help you get your hair back.
Apparently, this could be a perfect recipe in making your hair duller than ever. If you want to restore your crowning glory in the most natural way possible, then try this: argan oil.
Depending on your hair’s current condition, all you need is one to three drops of argan oil and you are good to go. Massage the oil directly into your scalp and down to the roots once a day. Argan oil can do the following for your hair:
- Helps tame the frizz and fly-away hair.
- Protects your hair against the damage brought by hair styling tools.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Keeps your hair healthy and shiny.
Make sure to use argan oil on your hair regularly, so you can enjoy these hair benefits. This miracle oil could also be an excellent way to style your hair fora more affordable price.
Speaking of hair benefits, you might want to try the next tip, too.
11. For Dry, Brittle Locks: What Argan Oil Can Do for Your Hair
Is your hair dry and brittle?If yes, perhaps your initial reaction would be to head straight to the salon and get a treatment like hot oil or keratin.
Did you know that there is a less expensive alternative to your trip to the salon?
In this case, you can try using argan oil for hair as your deep conditioning treatment. Here’s how to use argan oil to deeply condition your hair:
- Warm up to 10 drops of argan oil.
- Scoop the warm oil in your hands and massage it gently into your scalp, then down to the roots.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it sit overnight.
- Wash your hair normally the following morning, making sure that the residue is gone.
Do this once a week to treat dry and brittle hair. If you have a dry scalp or dandruff is an issue, doing this routine twice a week could help you get rid of those flakes until the dandruff is gone.
Aside from your skin and hair, argan oil could also be helpful in keeping your nails in their best state. Read the following sections to know more about it.
12. An Argan Oil Treatment a Day Keeps the Dry, Cracking Skin Away
Do you have dry, cracking skin on your feet and heels? You can fix this issue by applying lotion, moisturizer, or a petroleum jelly to prevent further cracking.
Do you want to know a simple but effective solution for this? Then try argan oil.
Argan oil is an effective natural solution say goodbye to dry and cracked heels. Its moisturizing abilities prevent further cracking, too. All you need is to rub two drops of argan oil in your feet and massage it on your skin, concentrating in problem areas.
Don’t forget to wear socks overnight to allow your skin to absorb the moisturizing properties.
13. Keep Your Nails in Tiptop Shape with Argan Oil
Surely, you read tons of argan oil for skin reviews, most of them raving about it. Here’s another reason why you should add argan oil in your must have list: it keeps your nails and cuticles healthy. In fact, the non-greasy moisture from argan oil makes it an ideal treatment for your nails.
How to Use Argan Oil for Nails
- Remove nail polish on your fingernails and toenails.
- Apply argan oil directly on your nails and cuticles.
- Let it stay on your skin for 15 to 20 minutes before applying nail polish.
By applying argan oil, you are able to condition your nails and at the same time, prevent the formation of painful hangnails.
Keep reading, because there are a few more benefits of argan oil for skin, so make sure you read until the end.
14. Argan Oil: The Fountain of Youth No One Ever Told You About
If someone was to tell you that the fountain of youth exists, would you line up for it? Sounds tempting, isn’t it? Although the subject is still debatable, one of the simplest yet most effective ways to protect your skin against rampant aging is by applying argan oil in it.
Argan oil contains vitamin E and a known concentrated antioxidant that helps tighten your skin and protect its elasticity. The essential fatty acids found in this miracle oil also helps nourish your skin and keep it in its tiptop shape.
All you need is to treat this miracle oil as an anti-aging serum and apply a drop or two onto your skin regularly. Check out the effects of argan oil for your skin before and after a treatment, and you will see the difference.
15. Lighten Your Skin and Bid Goodbye to Pigmentation Problems with Argan Oil
You must be wondering about using argan oil for skin lightening; however, because it balances out the properties of your skin, it can treat just about any skin problem you have.
The main purpose of argan oil may not be to correct blemishes or to even your skin tone; however, the good amounts of phytosterols that have anti-inflammatory and anti-irritation properties, which are helpful in keeping your skin in its best state. At the same time, components such as stigmasterol could lighten your skin and prevent further darkening.
This component requires further research to make sure that argan oil could also be a lightening agent. In the meantime, there is nothing wrong with using this oil not only to lighten your skin, but also keep it moisturized.
16. Argan Oil and Its Protective and Healing Powers on Your Skin
What’s the common denominator among the many benefits of argan oil? This amazing oil offers healing and protective powers on your skin.
This means whether you are having skin issues, such as eczema or psoriasis, or acne decides to pay you a visit, or if you simply want to make sure that your hair will cooperate, argan oil could be of service.
This is because the antioxidants contained in this oil could help in healing your skin, which makes it effective in treating dryness or damaged skin. It comes with anti-inflammatory characteristics too, which helps soothe pain and speeds up the healing process.
Tips in Buying Argan Oil for Your Face and Body
There is no doubt that argan oil works best on your skin; however, it also depends on the type of argan oil you are using. Don’t be easily fooled by the label that says “argan oil.” In this case, what’s inside matters, too.
Here are tips on how to buy good argan oil for skin:
- Ingredients list should contain “100 percent argan oil” or argania spinosa and nothing else.
- Argan oil should be placed in dark amber glass bottle to prevent light from breaking down its best properties.
- Buy from legitimate buyers who ethically sourced argan oil and contains “ECOCERT” certificate on the label.
- Argan oil should neither be inexpensive nor too heavy on the budget. However, a bottle of argan oil can be a bit heavy on the budget since it is labor- and time-consuming to make.
Let’s say you the argan oil you bought fulfilled the criteria. This doesn’t mean you had a good buy. Below are the characteristics of pure argan oil:
- It will have a mild, nutty aroma.
- The texture should be smooth, not too watery, and non-stocky.
- It should be light golden yellow in color.
- There will be the presence of sediment, which is made up of tocopherols, sterols and carotenoids, among others.
Take time to read Moroccan argan oil for skin reviews to know where you can get the best in town.
What are you waiting for? Argan oil for skin and hair is one of the simplest and most effective ways you can do to reward yourself. All it takes is just one drop and you are good to go.
More importantly, keep your expectations realistic. Undeniably, argan oil comes with many benefits. Keep in mind that no matter how effective it is in treating whatever hair or skin condition you have, the effects will take some time before it shows. Be patient.